Sunday, March 4, 2007

Funny, we are already in March and my time in Istanbul is about to end. This does not make me very happy but, on the other hand, I had such a good time here that I can only be grateful for that. And, anyway, I will have to work very hard when I go back in Amsterdam, to write the Master thesis in a period of 3 months, so this put things back in order. I feel that the life of this weblog is ending as well, it was an attempt to publish for the first time some thoughts and feelings while being 'in the field'. I didn't give much information about my research topic, not for particular reasons but mainly because -I write and- I will have to write so much about it, that I felt my personal experiences were more fun to share.
Also, at the end of March, my roomates, Phillipe and Corrado are going back and Phillipe has already started to feel nostalgic. Maybe I feel the same way, but I also have to complete the research, I have only a few interviews left, and enjoy my last weeks here. It is true, Istanbul can only seduce you. And the feeling of coming back, that's another thing it brings out.
My last publications are to come, to say goodbye and pay a tribute to this magnificent place! I am so pleased with my choice to come here and a sense of fulfilment overwhelmes me because it paid me back even more than expected!

1 comment:

yakupun said...

Poets call istanbul 'old bitch' who sleeps with everyone but love no one. Everybody's istanbul and nobody's istanbul. Passionate but cold, welcoming but distanced. Approachable but ignoring, nevertheless, beautiful... We were very close to meet but alas istanbul didn't want us to meet, jelaous bitch :)Yakup